Join Our Team
A great place to work
We genuinely believe that our restaurant (and the hotel) are great places to work. This is down to who runs them and what they’re like; they oversee a supportive environment where individual and team achievements are regularly recognised and celebrated well. It’s a “One Team” culture: people do really enjoy working here. Our incentive programmes (for everyone) mean profits are shared each quarter, and our kitchen brigade has recently begun to benefit from a four-day week, reflecting the changing expectations of our multi-generational workforce.
Helping our team to become and stay well is important to us, as is meeting their mental-health and professional needs. Laurence and Helen Beere – the hotel’s owners – are long-standing supporters of Hospitality Action and members of Employee Action Programme, which supports any team member in times of need.
We like people who are ambitious at the same time as grounded, and while experience might be essential for some roles, it isn’t for all of them. So if you’ve been wondering about a change of direction, it’s quite possible your willingness, personality, passion, and ability to take on a task will be enough.
The Queensberry Hotel and Olive Tree Restaurant are unique and independent. If you are too, and would like to be part of something special, please get in touch.
What’s In It For You?
Apart from all the positives of working in the kind of place just described, we also offer:
- Free meals on duty
- Half-price taxis to and from work between 11pm and 6:30am (within a 3 mile radius).
- A complimentary SIX course tasting menu and bottle of wine for you and one guest which you can enjoy for each six months of service.*
- After every complete year’s service, you can stay in the hotel, dine and have breakfast with a plus one.*
- Friends and Family rate of £95 inclusive of breakfast for two, subject to availability.*
- Exceptional career progression within an ambitious, privately-owned company, with plenty of training opportunities to keep you at the top of your game.
- Auto enrolment onto Nest pension scheme
- Free uniform provided to ensure you look fabulous
- In-house Social Committee with a focus on organising team-building events, every quarter.
*Subject to terms and restrictions
So, if you’re looking to break into the world of hospitality, why not have a look at our current vacancies?